Saturday, August 24, 2019

Home Sweet Home

It’s been two and a half years since I put the pen to paper (or fingers to the keyboard) and wrote a blog.  I’ve missed it! This was my ultimate out. My out loud journal. Reflecting on my thoughts and sharing them with the world, well at least those sweet souls who wanted to read it. March 2017, was my last expressive  post. I guess you could say  merrymemoriesbymichele took a hiatus of sorts. A lot of life has happened since that post. We had just moved to Tennessee from my home state of O-H-I-O, or as some call it Buckeye country. Lifetime midwesterners relocating to the Volunteer State and settling in Music City USA. I quickly found myself without a job, without my friends and without the freedom of owning our own home. I questioned “what the heck did we just do?” more than a time or two. I did not think finding a job was going to be quite as challenging as it had become. I wasn’t aware of the skyrocketing housing market in middle Tennessee. I also did not realize how difficult making new friends, in a new city would be, considering I had plenty that I had considered family in Ohio. Fast forward two and a half years later and I can say that we are absolutely in love with the new state that we get to call home. Kevin and I both have great jobs, we are slowly making new friends, we have two (of our three) beautiful girls living in the same city, sort of ;) and lastly we have begun a new journey, building a brand new home. We will once again be turning a blank canvas of bare walls into a colorful scrapbook of memories in our new home sweet home. I am so super excited to finally have something (as big as a house) to call our own once again. Building a new home can be so much fun, yet oh so stressful, especially the moving part! However, I know once the moving boxes have all been emptied and the rooms have all been filled, I will not look back I will only move forward to the next chapter. A new season of life, putting the past seasons in the rear view mirror. We can still look back and smile at all that we can see behind us, but looking ahead at all that is yet to come. Thank you all for letting put my words on a computer screen to share for so many years, I appreciate your support and to many your friendship ❤️  Welcome all  to this new season, let the journey begin. 🏡  @theoakleycottage  

“Get your outside work done; make preparations in the field; then you can build your house.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭24:27‬ ‭

No comments: