Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Costumes

Easy to make Halloween costumes-
Pippi Longstocking-The beloved children's character comes to life with this great kids costume idea. I went to the local children's resale store and picked up the denim dress, any type of dress would work and the brown shoes (they were a boys pair of shoes). I then gathered fabric scraps, which I sewed by hand onto the dress. We layered shirts, of various colors, under the dress. My daughter wore her baseball pants as bloomers. We picked up two sets of knee socks at the dollar store and mismatched them to make a mismatched pair. I weaved a strip of wire through her hair as I braided it (it spanned from one braid to the end of the other braid). I sprayed red hair paint in her hair, added a few freckles and finished it with her monkey Mr. Nilsson. She got raves on that costume all night long.
Leprechaun - I found a green outfit at Wal-mart, with knickers and a short blazer along with gold buttons. I added a white ruffled blouse, white knee socks, green hat, bow tie, a pipe and a pot o' gold to finish off the outfit. I added a red beard with sideburns using lip liner (you could use any makeup). The outfit looked great and it was very inexpensive.

No comments: