Tuesday, October 30, 2007

School Spirit Ideas

Need ideas for a school or recreational sport. Personalize candy, make spirit bags, motivational messages, here are a few I have done. My daughters have played Volleyball for many years, I try to be as creative as I can coming up with new and different sayings for each game. Usually the first game I make a Bag, our colors are purple and white and we are the Tigers. I get purple and white lunch bags and put TIGERS, vertically on the front of the bags with a motivational sentence with the first letter being the T in Tiger and so forth, see my example:

TIGERS DOMINATE AND DEFEAT
IGNITE THAT TIGER SPIRIT
GEAR UP FOR VICTORY
EVERY PLAYER COUNTS
READY, SET, WIN
SCORE, SCORE, SCORE
Inside the bags I put a variety of candy, each standing for something. I usually add a motivational quote on a piece of paper with it also. I use clip art also, like tigers, paw prints anything that pertains to who they are or they might be playing.
Example:
“Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.”
Three Musketeers- We’re all for one and one for all!
Starburst- To give you that extra burst of energy when you need it!
Laffy Taffy- Not only play the game, but have fun doing it!
Tootsie Pop- Pop ‘em up and Spike ‘em down!
Extra Gum-Give it extra effort!
!GO TIGERS!


Of course you can put your own twist to your own team. And it's not just for Volleyball. Cheerleaders, football, basketball, baseball, personalize it to your sport of choice.

Here are a few more spirit sayings "Crunch the CATS"-use crunch bars, "Rip the Raiders to Pieces"-Reeses Pieces, "Tigers Rock the House"- Pop Rocks, "Blast 'em to the Milky Way"-Milky Way bars, "Stick it to the Warriors"-gum, "Blow the Gales away"-Blow pops, "Tigers are Mighty & Mean"- M&M's, "Roll-over the Raiders"-Rolos or tootsie rolls, "Kiss the Celtics good-bye"-hershey kisses.

No comments: