Saturday, October 24, 2015

My prodigal daughter...

I posted this on my Facebook page a few weeks back. These feelings remain and they are real.

Almost ten years ago, my daughter left our home. She had just turned 18 and and knew everything there ever was to know about life! Or so she thought...

Ten years I have waited to restart and restore the mother/daughter relationship I had always wished for with my firstborn. In a way, it has been like a death in our family. Gone is the beloved daughter, sister, cousin, niece and granddaughter. Physically she is able yet the distance remains. I don't want sympathy. I have hope that someday my prodigal daughter will return to her roots. We are a thriving family, we continue to have faith and believe all things are possible.

What I do want is to stress to all young girls and the young men who wish to win their hearts and the love of that young girl's family-"You are and always will be a vital part of your family. NO ONE person should ever want to take you away from that. If they love you, they want you to be with the people who love you most (your family). Just because you are a teen who may think your parents are the most God awful people on this earth, they only want what is best for you and want to see you thrive. The person you fall in love with should make you a better person! No relationship is bias. Someday. (I hope and pray) you will appreciate all that your parents have done and will continue to do for you."

Parenting is a very tough job. When your kids get older and you go from parenting to being their friend it is one of the most amazing experiences." Enjoy it!

I am grateful everyday for my friends and family that help me get through the tough times. I have two beautiful daughters who give me more love and appreciation than than I could have ever asked for. I don't have the answers and I whole heartedly believe everything happens for a reason and not on our time but God's time...

So Hey God it's about time you send her home 😕

No comments: