Monday, January 12, 2015

A gift when someone loses a loved one

Not all occasions are Merry. I like to think of funerals as "celebrating life." Hope, that someday we will be reunited with that loved one someday by the Grace of God. It brings me comfort. I came up with this idea when we lost my Mother-in Law and a kind friend gave me a garden ornament. I took it one step further and began adding a gift of plant life (bulbs in the flower form). Depending on the time of year the flower can be different. You can even choose a small tree, or peace lily and such. In this particular case I gave daffodils, springtime, The "Hope" garden ornament is on a small shepherd hook to display year round in the garden. I chose a scripture verse to accompany. The recipient can plant the bulbs (tree) in the garden and be reminded of the loss loved one every year when they come up in the garden. Or in the case of an indoor peace lily when it blooms. It just brings Hope of New Life :) Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Family Dollar and many other stores carry these types of Garden ornaments from crosses to stars and such.

No comments: