Monday, January 12, 2015

NO-Sew easy deer pilow


Pillow fun. No-sew easy peasy deer pillow. As much as I would like to take claim that I actually sewed each pillow. I would be lying if I did. I bought these pillow covers from my local Hobby Lobby about $3 for each one. If you check their adds they often have 50% pillow forms and pillow covers. They carry a variety to chose from at many different prices. I choose neutral. Next I picked coordinating flannel fabric (one yard is plenty for four pillows) to be my subject.

Step 1: Use fusible webbing (bought by the roll at any craft dept.) and ironed it to the flannel. Follow the directions of the webbing it is quite simple.

Step 2: Place the wrong side of fabric against the webbing and iron it. Ironing the paper side I use a flour sack towel (to keep from scorching) on top of the paper. Let it cool.

Step 3: Cut out subject (the deer and trees).  I used a cardboard template of a deer and the trees. I traced that onto the paper backing of the fusible webbing.

Step 4: Peel away paper backing and then place where you would like on the pillow cover.

Step 5: Iron it to the pillow cover. I like to put cardboard inside the pillow cover to keep from adhering to the other side of pillow cover.  At this point if you want to keep it a no sew project you can be done and stuff with a coordinating pillow form and put on display in your own home or give as a gift.

Step 6: If you want you can sew the outer edge of the flannel to the pillow cover. I chose not to but have done so in the past for durability.

Step 7: If you look closely the deer are sporting jingle bells. I hand sewed those to the pillow cover. I loved the look and it is simple you can use anything from buttons to bells :)

Again this is another one where the ideas are endless. Snowflake template, flower template, a cross...happy crafting!

No comments: