Monday, January 12, 2015

Yummy Guacamole Dip and more



Avocado, avocado and more avocado...I love this SUPERFOOD!

I have recently had a love affair (in the food sense) Yes I admit it, I love food! Food is love...

This recent obsession of mine is blowing out of proportion. It's so good I feel the need to share it! Shouting to the rooftops I LOVE AVOCADO! I can't get enough!

I was once intimidated by this so called super food. I usually topped off my Chipotle Vegetarian Taco with it and thought I could never recreate a Guacamole that could live up to the Chipotle kind. Well I don't think that anymore! In fact Chipotle who? Yes it is that good!

Ingredients:

3 ripe (key word ripe, must be a little soft to touch) avocados; cut; take out seed;spoon out pulp

Guacamole dip mix-in this case I used Ortega (you can make your own with spices but I like to make my life easy :)

2 Roma Tomatoes, cut up (again personal preference, I have also used a can of Ro-Tel)

A few drops of lemon juice

Using a fork mash avocado; mix in dip mix; add tomato and a few drops of lemon juice. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and it is good to go as a dip. Now this is a Guacamole dip...but really it's not, it is in fact so much more. I use it a base like mayonnaise on just about everything right now. Tuna salad? No problem just add a little vinegar or even a spoonful of mayo for extra flavor and Tuna and viola Tuna salad! Egg Salad? Chicken Salad? Pasta Salad? I'm telling you it's a love affair I just can't shake! I'm so intrigued by it I just can't stop. I think I may have to try and grow my own avocado tree...for my next blog...


No comments: