Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Clean (out the clutter) in 2015

CLEAN in 2015


Two weeks into 2015 and I am cleaning out the clutter in my home and in my life. I'm in dreary Ohio and quite frankly January can be quite cloudy, cold and depressing! I spend most of this grey month catching up on a bunch of nothing...that is code for watching TV. Although January brings a new year it also brings new episodes of must see TV to the screen like-THE Bachelor (yawn-bad TV at it's finest-great name for my next blog...stay tuned for that one) and a new season of  my new favorite show Fixer Upper on HGTV. 

I seriously can't get enough of this show, http://magnoliahomes.net/ look it up. It has inspired me to get clean in 2015! I am filling garbage bags full of clutter. I am overwhelming myself daily with new projects. I want to sell my beloved, fairly new, 10 year old home and buy a "fixer upper." I want Joanna to decorate with me. I have so many projects for Chip (ahem Kevin) to complete. Seriously I love this show, their fresh style, their light-hearted humor, their adorable family and their bright personalities. Ok, ok I know I am totally gushing and I only know them from a big rectangular box I see them on once a week. They are that influential on me. 

I have a Home project to-do list that I started and it just keeps getting longer every episode I watch. This could be a real problem. So, I guess I should really get to work. Maybe I will start small. Conquering one messy room at a time. I will (try and) blog my Journey. 

I will you leave you with this little excerpt from Joanna's blog-
With all the busyness, why not simplify in the home? Let your rooms breathe, and let your mind rest.
LOVE!

Happy New Year! My first project-to re-create this look in my own living room :)

No comments: