Monday, January 12, 2015

Burlap Wreaths for any occasion


Well ever wonder how to make those awesome looking expensive burlap wreaths?  Well it's not that hard. I buy a wire wreath from the craft store as my base (if you are lucky the Dollar stores sometimes carry them if not they run about $3) and "stuff" it with the Burlap (rolls at Walmart $3 Depending on the size of the wire frame, I use 2-3 rolls for each wreath). I have seen it done many ways thanks to you tube. I don't have a true method other than stuff, twist and secure every so often around the wire frame. I secure using floral wire. You can also tie the burlap onto the wire frame. I use coordinating ribbon cut to desired length to fill and personalize the wreath. In these two the top picture is a fall wreath adorned with acorns and fall leaves. The  bottom was yet another housewarming gift for my daughter in her new home. Vintage keys were secured simply by using twine. The Chalkboard is clipped on to the wreath.

No comments: