Monday, January 12, 2015

Banana Bread gifts

Banana Bread gifts made in mini loaf crock pan. I do have to say, these were one of my favorite little things to give out this past Christmas. Instead of giving the typical cookie plate to neighbor and friends, I whipped up these lil cuties in no time. I paid $1-$2 for each loaf pan. I whipped up my favorite banana bread recipe but doubled it and made 8 crocks. If you are feeling lazy (or crunched for time or ingredients) just buy two boxes of banana bread (or use your favorite pumpkin, cinnamon,  etc.) and add ingredients. If you are not a baker just buy Pillsbury refrigerated bread dough, really it works just do not over fill. Pour or place into greased (I like to use canola spray) loaf pan. Fill loaf pan less than half full. Bake according to directions (usually 25-30 minutes) Just test for done-ness with knife/toothpick. I wrapped mine in cellophane bags tied off with the twisty tie provided with the bags (25 for $1 at Dollar Tree). I added red yarn to make a bow. And there you go a gift for many occasions not just Christmas!

No comments: